Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I woke up today to a Happy New Year text from one of my favourite bloggers, a woman I am also lucky to call a close friend. She's given me even more motivation to stick to my goals, specifically weight loss. We're doing it together. Now, we have committed to this very thing more than once in the past, and life always seems to get in the way.

This time, however, it feels different. I am 100% confident that we're both going to rock 2012.
Do you have a buddy who cheers you on and supports you in your efforts to achieve your goals?

I've decided to jump back on the weight loss wagon officially on Tuesday. That means planning meals, exercising regularly, and focusing on clean, healthy eating.

We'll be cutting back on dining out and ordering in, both in an effort to be more healthy and to work on saving money and sticking to a budget. I'll be tracking expenses in January, so I can set a realistic budget for the months following.

I just love the first day of a new year. Boyfriend so intelligently pointed out that it's just another day, to which I replied that "it just feels different." It's a chance to erase the past and start fresh. I'm feeling so empowered and motivated to make 2012 the best year yet.

Tomorrow we'll be on the road for most of the day, but I'll post an update on Tuesday. This blog will keep me accountable!

1 comment:

OldGoogleAccount said...

It's not just another day. I can feel it in the air too. The difference for me right now is that I am excited to get started again. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.

Today we make the battle plan, tomorrow we attack!