Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lasagna success!

I'm happy to report that the lasagna turned out AMAZING. It's not quite the same as Mom's, but it's definitely a reasonably good facsimile.

Today I didn't eat much during the day, so I splurged a bit on dinner. With the lasagna I had parmesan garlic ciabatta bread and caesar salad.

In money news, we were under budget on groceries this week (YAY!). I had to get meds for boyfriend today, though. His cold is still hanging on.

This week's goals may need to be modified slightly. Since boyfriend's sick and sleeping on the couch because it's easier for him, I won't be able to work out at 6 a.m. in the living room. I'll see if I can do a workout in the evening or something instead. I still fully plan to start my morning workouts as soon as he's better!

I've made the following this weekend:
  1. Blue Menu cinammon bran muffins w/apple
  2. "Egg muffins" - egg white substitute + broccoli + green pepper + shredded cheese, cooked in muffin cups
  3. Lasagna
  4. Chili
We'll have enough food to last the week, I think! Tomorrow night's dinner is fresh salmon w/mango & avocado salsa, steamed veg and maybe a salad.

I feel so IN CONTROL.

No comments: