Thursday, January 12, 2012

An experiment.

Another hungry afternoon. I'm seriously not enjoying the hunger pangs. I consumed about 1,500 cals today, but apparently I'm not eating the right foods, or I'm still not eating enough.


So, starting tomorrow, my plan is the following:
  • Listen to hunger cues. If hungry, eat.
  • Up protein intake, decrease simple carbs.
  • Have a snack in the morning and a snack in the afternoon, plus a full breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • Make lunch a heavier meal, and dinner a lighter one.
Hopefully I will be successful with these changes.


In other news, I spent $140 today on a wax and some facial products. It sounds like a lot, I know. But I have a membership at the place I go to, and I got a really good deal. The products should last me for six-ish months.


Also, I *needed* the wax. Let's face it, no woman likes to have hairy eyebrows. When your boyfriend starts to notice, you know it's time to do something about it.


I have not yet been successful at stopping the nail-biting thing. I think it may be a boredom thing, in addition to a stress thing. Or just a bad habit that has no rhyme or reason. It's gross, I know. Tomorrow's a new day. That's what I tell myself every time I fail :P Every day's a brand new start. One day it will stick. I have to hope it will, at least. After all, if we don't have hope, what do we have?

2 comments:

OldGoogleAccount said...

Hunger can be demoralizing. I like your plan. Dont worry about the fingernail thing right now. You have enough on your plate (no pun intended :P)

Danielle @ D. Sells Seashells said...

I struggle with hunger too. I've recently started trying intermittent fasting (sounds crazy, but it isn't). It goes against all of the "many small means a day" advice we're often given but I am loving it <3

Also, I just stopped biting my nails before Christmas after biting them my wholeeee life (26 years). I discovered that if I paint them a colour I can see (so not clear polish! I use coral or navy or purple!) I won't bite them, or at least bite them as badly.