Tuesday, January 10, 2012

And on the 8th day she said...

Being on track ROCKS! I'm not sure if it's having a goal or feeling like I'll actually achieve it this time or the added energy of all the green tea I've been drinking or just some trick my mind is playing on me, but I am HAPPY.


MyFitnessPal is so cool. So far I haven't come across a food or brand it doesn't recognize. Cool, huh?


I just had the most delicious snack of triscuits and extra old white cheddar cheese. Mmmmm. Tonight's dinner is mussels, you know the High Liner kind in garlic butter? I freaking love them.


Exercise is where I need to put forth a bit more effort. I'm seriously considering getting up at 6 a.m. next week (I know, crazy!) to do the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I know it's a good workout. The question is, will I actually get my fat sizeable arse out of bed that early?


My cousin sent me a Visalus shake sample in the mail today. I'm not sold on this whole "shake diet" business, but I told him I'd try a sample. Here's my issue: the "plan" is to replace two meals a day with shakes. However, one packet of the mix is 26g and only 90 calories. So now I'm wondering, is that 180 calories a day + 1 regular meal? 180 calories is not enough to get me through a morning, let alone an entire day. Not to worry, I am not joining the shake diet cult. I just like to be educated on these things. This one seems like a HUGE no-no to me.


Tonight I'm off to volunteer at Sparks! Maybe running around with them will burn some calories ;) I still cannot believe how much energy five-year-old girls have.


Hopefully there is some quality time with my love in my immediate future. It's been days since we even had a meaningful conversation.

2 comments:

OldGoogleAccount said...

I love the energy in your voice. I think it is seriously commendable that you are considering getting out of bed at 6:00am. Especially to face Jillian. Yikes! Good for you!

sunshine! said...

Sparks! That's awesome - I used to be both a Sparks and a Brownie leader!!!!

WTG on being back on track!

I'm back too! ENOUGH is the title of my blog post today....and I've had enough!