Thursday, January 5, 2012

January, you start the year off right...

Happy Friday Part One! A former co-worker used to refer to Thursdays as Friday Part One, and it always made me smile.



I wish I were here to tell you I've been rocking this week. I have, in some ways. But my eating habits haven't been as great as they should be. Case in point: Forgot my lunch today. With limited options at work, I decided to go to the Vietnamese restaurant to get take-out. One order of chicken & shrimp fried rice later and my body's happy with the carbs, but I know it wasn't the healthiest choice.



I'm not focusing on that, though. Just confessing here for accountability's sake ;)



The good things I have done in the past two days:
  1. Tracked expenses. Even though I forgot my breakfast AND lunch this morning, I used my Tim's card for breakfast and coffee so I only spent money on lunch.
  2. Made dinner tonight. Cooked some chicken in pesto and garlic, and had a big salad of romaine, mushrooms and avocado.
  3. Communicated with my boyfriend about feeling a little neglected this week. We're going to have some "us" time this weekend.
  4. Got right back into my job again and have been working hard. The best part? I'm loving it!
  5. Walked 20 min today to catch the bus. Brisk walk, too, no lazy stroll!
Tomorrow's a new day and another chance to eat well. Plus, this weekend I can get back into a gym routine. I'm looking forward to doing some classes again. Maybe I'll even try running! I'd like to be able to run 5K again this spring. My Mom is my motivation these days. She's doing so awesome, working out and losing weight. I'm so proud of her.



In other news, the Mazda is almost done and ready to come home again. For those who don't know, S and I were in an accident in December and the car's been in the shop for almost a month now. We're okay, it was totally the other guy's fault and thank god we weren't hurt. I had a concussion, but I'm okay.



What I've learned from the experience is that it pays to have a good insurance company. Our rep has been AMAZING. She's gone way above and beyond, and I plan on writing her supervisor a letter to that effect. So today's tip of the day from me to you, free of charge, is to choose wisely when you get insurance. It can make all the difference. You'd think efficiency would be enough, but great client service makes things that much easier.
Also, if you have had a good client experience, be sure to make it known. It can make a person's day to hear that you're happy with the service they've provided. So take time to say thank you.

2 comments:

OldGoogleAccount said...

It sounds to me like you are doing great. I think we have to be okay with easing into things. It's a journey, not a race, right?

I think it's great just to be waking up again!

sunshines2009 said...

Welcome back to the world of planning and blogging! You know that can only lead to amazing success for you in 2012!

Happy New Year!