Monday, March 26, 2012

Update!

First, today's good news: 188.4 on the scale this morning. Wheee!!! A whole weekend away with children and I managed to stay on track.
I "splurged" a couple times. Once on a TH French Vanilla (the powder stuff + hot water), and once on a banana boat. They are my favourite!


Apart from that, I was so on track it still amazes me.


Run clinic ROCKED. We ended up doing 5 sets of 5:1s and I felt amazing. My runner's high has come back and I've rediscovered the passion I used to have for running. I will totally rock Race Weekend this year.


Today's not-so-good news:
  1. It's cold and windy. Not optimal running weather. I did a Zumba class this morning, and I'll hopefully run tomorrow.
  2. Boyfriend's sick. And he's leaving for NB again tomorrow.
I took today off, anticipating I'd be too tired to go to work. I'm glad I did. Easing into the week is a good plan. I ended up feeling completely miserable on Saturday - sore throat, exhaustion. I seem to be okay now, but this weather has a tendency to mess with my immune system.


I did groceries today and bought a few "treats" (still on plan, just not stuff I usually buy):
  • Duck breast - haven't cooked this before, so it'll be interesting
  • "Lobster flavoured pollock" - with cocktail sauce, this is delicious!
  • Philadelphia 95% ff herb & garlic cream cheese - to have as a dip with veggies
Having these little "treats" will keep the 17DD more interesting. Eating the same things over and over again can get monotonous. This way I'm more likely to stay on track.


I think I'm going to curl up now with a cup of tea and ChiRunning.

1 comment:

OldGoogleAccount said...

I ate a lot of that flavoured pollock the first time I lost a bunch of weight. Thanks for the reminder.

I hope they don't run your poor boy ragged in NB!