Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Feelin' Empowered!

SPRING'S HERE! SPRING'S HERE! SPRING'S HERE!

*happy dance*

I've been happy dancing a lot this week. Things are going well. I've been eating well, feeling energetic and good about my choices.

I've been running - tonight I managed 5 run, 1 walk, 5 run, 1 walk, 1.5 run, .5 walk, 1.5 run, 1 walk, 2 run.

I think I need shoes that aren't so minimalist, but that's a minor issue that I can easily fix. I can do shorter runs and treadmill runs in my lightweight shoes, but I need more support for longer and outdoor runs.

Tonight we had fajitas and they were tasty! I've been increasing my intake of fibre and protein, and feeling less hungry throughout the day. I've also been drinking my water this week.

I added "no diet pop" to my Lent challenge this week. So far (two days in), so good.

This post reads "look at me! look at me!" but so be it. It's my blog and I'll brag if I want to :P

On the money side of things, I haven't spent any in two days. Tomorrow night we are going out for dinner with S's family, and Friday I have a facial (prepaid, but I usually upgrade because it feels oh so much better).

The biggest thing is that S and I are communicating. We've had some good conversations this week about our relationship and I feel great.

According to my neighbour, six months of living together = officially common law. Really? I mean, people had mentioned this before, but I was *certain* it was a year. Apparently, though, I was wrong. I am in a common-law relationship. How very adult of me. I feel like this should have been marked by some big celebration. Sadly, S worked on the weekend of our six-month shack-up-a-versary. Maybe this weekend we'll make up for that ;)

I am a happy girl tonight.

2 comments:

OldGoogleAccount said...

It makes me happy to hear that joy in your voice. Things are looking up. Brag away! And if you're common law why not just bite the bullet and tie the knot? Now that I would get on a plane for :)

sunshine! said...

This post made me smile!