This week has been nutty. Finally, it's Thursday. *huge sigh of relief* Wait, no, Thursday means tomorrow is Friday, which means Girl Guide camp with 22 children and 4 other adults. Talk about nutty.
When I joined GG last fall, I was inspired to give something back to the community, to feel like I was making a small difference. Some people think I'm crazy. I mean, I don't even like children all that much.
Surprisingly, though, I do enjoy it. I mean, of course there are nights when I'd rather be anywhere else. But for the most part, it's fun to watch these girls learn and grow, and to help them discover new things.
Still, I am mostly looking forward to Monday, my day off, when I can catch up on sleep and other important things.
RR clinic starts tomorrow night. I'm a wee bit nervous. I'm not really a group runner, but I needed this to stay on track. So we'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll actually end up loving group running. I hope so :) Trying new things is always a good idea. The worst that happens is I realize why I'd rather run alone, in which case I'll just keep on keepin' on.
1 comment:
Hope your weekend with the "girls" was awesome. I used to be a GG leader (Sparks and Brownies), and District Commissioner, and camp advisor for them too! I miss it....
Post a Comment