Hi, blogland.
I don't want to talk about weight loss and fitness and all my goals tonight. I want to rant about my (usually wonderful) boyfriend. I know you'll allow me this moment to get out my feelings because you all understand what it's like to need a place to let it out.
See, this weekend, tomorrow specifically, is our six-month "shack-up-a-versary." I've been treating it like a big deal, even telling boyfriend earlier this week that we should do something special.
Tonight he comes home, and when I mention doing something tomorrow, he says, "I have to work." That's it, that's all I get. In addition, he's leaving again on Sunday. For another four days.
Now, I get that work is important, and his company stupidly makes him work all.the.freaking.time. What I really don't get is the lack of communication. I mean, is it that hard to take a couple hours to do something with me? Or one hour, even. It's not like I'm demanding a full 24 hours of attention.
So now we sit, on opposite ends of the couch, not speaking. Because whenever I try to communicate, I get one-word responses that basically say nothing at all.
I'm frustrated. I'm sad. I'm trying not to cry. I keep asking myself, as I do in situations where I feel completely lost, "What would Grandma do?" And the answer is, I really don't know. Probably just walk away and do her own thing, which is what I'll end up doing. But I won't be happy about it. Nothing about this situation makes me happy.
Thanks for letting me rant. This place is a good outlet.
1 comment:
Hey can you maybe just do something nice for him without expecting anything in return.....just a little something?
Sounds to me like he's tired....it's not likely about you at all........
Hugs nevertheless to see you through this.....and a request - go sweat it out - use your negative energy to do something good for YOU!
Post a Comment