Monday, February 27, 2012

Tough workout.

Tonight's post brought to you in honour of my right butt muscle. Yeesh, is it tight tonight.


Good news, first: I can touch my toes! My hamstrings are loving me these days. Thank you, yoga and BodyFlow.


So, tonight was run night. I was all set to do 7 sets of 2:1s. However, I started out running 4.8mph and soon my shin was sore. So, I did 2:1, follow by 3 sets of 90 seconds run, 90 seconds walk. Then I clued in. I think I have to run at 5.0 or my form just plain sucks.
So I did 3 more sets of 2:1s, followed by one last set of 90s:90s, to complete my 14 minutes of running.


Yay, me!


I followed that up with a lot of stretching, then day 3 of push ups. I feel GOOD. Well, except, you know, the butt thing.


My genius sister, who is studying kinesiology and gives me all sorts of wise workout advice, told me what to stretch.


I should also ice my shin for a bit. It's not really bothering me, but I don't want to take my chances. I really, really want to be ready to start the 5K clinic on March 23!


On tomorrow's agenda: BodyCombat. Then Absolute Comedy with my sister and cousins. Fun times for sure!


I am so happy to be exercising again.

2 comments:

OldGoogleAccount said...

Wanna throw that mojo at me? I don't care if it hits me right between the eyes just throw it!

sunshine! said...

I'm right next to you!

Sunday's workout - brutal. Going back for more tonight after work!

And what do I do in my spare time? Stretch, stretch, stretch!

How's the eating part going? I'm holding my own!