Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bring on summer!

I love May. It's such a great month; so full of promise. The flowers are blooming, the bunnies are out, children are playing, and I feel like I can run free.


Today I had a great run through the trails of Kanata. Another thing I love - living in the city, yet being able to "escape" into the woods around, taking the trails wherever they lead.


We tried a new food tonight - elk sausage. It was delicious. And we used the BBQ, too :) Another favourite thing about the summer - BBQ!


Race Weekend's coming up in 20 days. I'm aiming for 4 runs a week between now and then. I really, really want to come in under 40 minutes. It doesn't have to be much under, though 37:something would make me really, really happy.


My Aunt and I are doing a 10K this fall, but I'd also like to do more 5Ks before then. One in Maine for sure, in July, on the last night of our vacation. Then maybe one in September / October.


The exercise is paying off, too! I was 184.6 this morning. My goal this month is to stay hydrated (I need to drink more water!), eat as healthy as humanly possible, and continue to improve my level of fitness.


Today, I feel like I'm on top of the world. I can do anything.

1 comment:

Syl said...

great work Sadie!!!!
Cant wait to hear how your run goes.