Monday, May 28, 2012

Raaaaaaaaaace!

<-- See me? In the red shoes? Don't I look like a runner?

This is the picture I will use as motivation when things get tough. Kudos to my friend Veronica for the superb picture-taking skills!

Race Weekend was such an inspiration. My run, though not stellar at 43:06, renewed my passion for running. The past two weeks have been tough with leg / foot issues, sore calves and shins mostly. But now I know I can do it. I proved it.

Boyfriend and I will be doing a 5K in Maine at the end of July. Then I'm going to sign up for the Army Run 5K in September, and maybe another 5K or two before the Oktoberfest 10K (with my amazing Aunt Vera!!).

This week my goal is to commit to 17DD-style eating, get back on track, do strength / cardio / yoga. Now that the race is over, I don't have an excuse not to focus on all of the above.

I leave you with one more picture. I just love it so much and have to share :)

Don't we look happy?

1 comment:

OldGoogleAccount said...

That one is going on my fridge.

I am super proud of you and happy that you look so pleased with yourself :). You should be. Great work!