Friday, December 30, 2011

A fresh start

Hello, blogland. It's December 30th, and you know what that means. It's time to think about my goals for 2012. I'm dedicating the coming year to myself. By this time next year I will be healthy, I will be happy, I will be the best me I can be.

I've been thinking a lot about what I want to accomplish in 2012. 2011 was a big year for me, with changes in my work life and my home life, the loss of my dear grandmother, and the realization that adulthood is no longer a future event. It's here, folks.

I have many goals for the year ahead. In typical Sadie form, I will produce a numbered list for your reading pleasure.
  1. My health. I am going to renew my focus on weight loss and activity. I will get back into running, and rediscover my love of exercise. I will not be doing Weight Watchers. For the first while I will focus on activity. Once I've got a handle on that again, I will track calories to make sure I'm getting what I need, no more, no less.
  2. My finances. I will pay off my credit card debt and save for Australia in 2013. I will budget for groceries, bills and entertainment, and will stick to the budget every month.
  3. My job. I am going back to translating, which is my true calling. I will continue to give it my all, and will remain open to other opportunities that arise. I will not make work my purpose in life, however. I will find a work-life balance.
  4. My relationship. I will do my best to be more patient and learn to adapt. I will grow as my relationship grows, and will endeavour to communicate any and all issues.
So those are the big goals for 2012. I am thinking about making a list of smaller goals, including fun things I'd like to do. I'll post that later. I've deleted all previous posts from my blog in an effort to treat this as a fresh start, a new or renewed outlook on life. This blog will help me keep things in perspective and work toward my goal of being the best me I can be.

3 comments:

Sunshine2009 said...

Welcome back Sadie!

Born to Run said...

Yay!!! You're back!

TobyLauren said...

I look forward to reading more!